Ajax Push for realtime web - We're up for the future
What is APE?
Why APE is insanely great?
APE, previously named ACE (Ajax Chat Engine), is an awesome piece of software whose development started in early 2006 with the democratization of the AJAX technology. Our product is based on principles and philosophies we care about (Open Source, Accessibility, Future of the Internet). As for that, we think we have created something insanely great.
Only web standards!
APE works with all of the Internet browsers, it is cross-platform and cross-subdomain. It works on mobile devices, smartphones, video game platforms, as long as they include a web browser.
Push, don't pull!
100% FREE & OpenSource!
The APE Project is 100 % Open Source and FREE for commercial and non-commercial use, released under the GNU Public Licence version 2. We want to contribute to a better web by sharing our technologies.
APE Server is an Comet server implementing the POST and GET methods of the HTTP protocol. It does not replace a regular Web Server (such as Apache, Lighttpd or Nginx), however, the APE Server is only used for AJAX Push.
- Fully written in C
- Publisher/Subscriber based
- Linux, BSD & Mac OS X Support
- Epoll-Driven (KQueue for BSD)
- Fully Asynchronous
- Built-in Message Queue system
- Manage Users & Channels
- Socket API (both client & server)
- HTTP API
- MySQL connector
- Extend APE protocol
- Mootools powered
- Based on Mootools
- Bring Socket API to the client (TCP Sockets)
- Several Transport Methods (Long-polling, XHRStreaming, JSONP, Server Sent Events)
- Support any other Framework for plugins (JQuery...)
- Sessions & Multi tabbing/windowing management
- Fully JSON powered
- Easily extendable
- APE Specific
- Send & receive multiple info into one packet
- Specificaly designed for Comet Push
- Bandwith saver